18 December 2009|
1. General: This website (the "Website") and any information obtained through the Website or from other sources is stored on servers operated and maintained by or on behalf of Transistor Limited ("Transistor", "we" or "us"). Rocktopia is a trading name of Transistor.
If you ask us to provide goods or services to you, we will use your information to provide those goods or services to you and to monitor our provision of those goods or services. We may also share your information with associated companies for marketing purposes. We or associated companies may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, email or by other electronic means with offers of goods and services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with fax number, telephone numbers or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not want to receive marketing information from us or associated companies you can notify us of this as part of the registration process. Don’t worry – we won’t bombard you with lots of irrelevant information. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, by amending your marketing preferences, or by emailing webmaster( AT )rocktopia.co.uk (please replace (AT) with @), giving your email address and details of the information you no longer wish to receive.
If you wish to take part in any poll or survey run through the Website, we will also use your information for the purposes specified in the poll or survey. We may also disclose non-personal, aggregated information we collect through the poll or survey to third parties.
If you wish to take part in any promotion or competition run through the Website, we will also use your information for the purposes specified in the promotion or competition, to make sure you are eligible to enter the promotion or competition, to contact you if you have won a prize and for publicity purposes.
3. Disclosure to third parties: We will only pass your information on to associated third parties for the purpose of enabling them to send you information which may be of interest to you if you have indicated you are happy for us to do so in your marketing preferences. Don’t worry – we only ever pass on your contact details to third parties with your permission.
If any third party is organising and/or managing any promotion, competition, survey or poll run through the Website on our behalf, we may disclose your information to that third party to enable them to do so but they will be prohibited from using your information for any other purpose, unless you have given them specific consent.
Please note that if you upload or post any information to a public part of the Website, we may use it in accordance with our terms and conditions of use and it may be viewed and used by others.
5. Our email newsletters: If you subscribe to receive one or more of our email newsletters you will need to register an account with us. We will provide those newsletter(s) to you free of charge, unless otherwise stated.
Our newsletters may contain promotions or advertisements relating to goods or services provided by us and associated third parties from time to time. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from an email newsletter you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions on the newsletter, on the Website, or by emailing webmaster( AT )rocktopia.co.uk (please replace ( AT ) with @), giving them your email address and details of the newsletter you no longer wish to receive.
6. Forums, chat rooms, blogs, message boards: Please be aware that when you post public information to any forums, chat rooms, blogs, or message boards on or through the Website, that information can be accessed by the public and used to send you unsolicited communications. Transistor accepts no responsibility for this.
7. Third party sites: The Website contains links to third party websites. We may, on occasion, disclose non-personal aggregated information to the owners or providers of those third party websites. We link to a wide variety of other websites and we display advertisements from third parties on our Website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these websites or for third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for those sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
We also include web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or web bugs) in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. This means that if you open an email from us we can see which of the pages of our Website you have visited. Our web beacons do not store additional information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened our email. If you object to web beacons, we recommend that you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier of your computer or other access device; but we will not identify you as an individual
We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing London real estate ads to someone in London, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
9. Facebook (Facebook Social Plugins) ; Our Website uses so called Social Plugins („Plugins) of the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are identifiable by one of the Facebook logos (white “f” on a blue background or a “thump-up” sign) or are identified by the phrase “Facebook Social Plugin”. The list and the look of Facebook Social Plugins can be found here: developers.facebook.com/plugins.
Purpose and detail of the data assessment and the further use and analysis of the Data through Facebook and your thus related personal rights and control functions to protect your private data can be found in the data disclaimer of Facebook: www.facebook.com/policy.php.
If you are a member of Facebook and do not want Facebook to collect your data via our Website and store it in relationship to your Facebook member account, you will need to log out of Facebook prior to the visit of our Website and you may also have to delete any related cookies stored locally by Facebook.
Furthermore it is possible to block the data generation of Facebook Plug-ins by using browser add-ons such as „Facebook Blocker“
11. Security: In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Transistor shall not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this Website including any of your information.
14. Contact details: You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you have any general questions about the Website, you can contact the Transistor team at Transistor Limited, 2nd Floor, 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ, United Kingdom, e-mail webmaster( AT )@rocktopia.co.uk (please replace ( AT ) with @).