Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Ten - Battlefield
Johns Band

Groupie
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Ten - Battlefield 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago Karma: 2
Just sent off for Ten "Battlefield" double CD album. Heard them from free various artists CD over years. Seems like music I would like from tracks on YouTube. Like Whitesnake & Deep Purple but still own unique melodic heavy rock. Can't find them on Spotify. Found out "Battlefield" is a compilation of rocktopia label two Ten albums & E.P. There is biography of Ten on Wikipedia. Ten website got info on "Battlefield" too with Limited edition of 500. I look at my back issues of Classic Rock Magazine for article of Ten. Also like Beau Coup "Born And Rasied On Rock And Roll", Shadowman "Ghost In The Mirror", Dare "Scared Grounds" and "The Best Of Michael Schenker Group" which these mention I will keep as my Spotify Bands. I have on vinyl Michael Schenker Group "One Night In Budokan" which I bought in 1982 because of import praise and for it to be release in UK which happen in 1982. I also have on vinyl McAuley Schenker Group "Save Yourself" released in 1989 which is really good album with excellent production, and amazing guitar playing. There is new studio album in 2017 all being well from John Lees Barclay James Harvest with young Craig Fletcher on vocals and bass guitar, John Lees on his Parker Fly Guitar with vocals combine with Kevin Whitehead who is also drummer with Dare. On keyboards Jez Smith who is Barcay James Harvest fan since 1974 and first professional gig was in 1977. Also look out for Barclay James Harvest reissue of "Octoberon" which reach position of 19 in UK album charts for 1976, hopefully it will be reissued as a 2Cd + 1DVD boxset in 2017 or 2018, it is wonderful album which never gone out of print which will benefit from DTS surround sound and comes with bonus tracks on remix CD's and CD with original stereo master tape version. Another fantastic album is Dare "Blood Of The Stone" which reach 48 in UK Album charts in 1991. And reissue of Barclay James Harvest "XII" which reach position of 31 in UK charts for 1978 with "2CD + 1DVD which will be released 2017, this is last album with Woolly Wolstenholme so be Mellotron and Electronic special while still being Melodic Heavy Prog Rock.

Best to everybody
John's Band

Last Edit: 2017/03/03 21:58 By Johns Band.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
PJS

Admin
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Bury, Greater Manchester, England Birthday: 03/14
Re:Ten - Battlefield 3 Weeks ago Karma: 15
Hello John. Good to see you posting here on the Rocktopia Forum. I am pretty much a completist when it comes to TEN, and heard their first album in a small CD shop in Las Palmas in, I think, 1996 - and made an immediate purchase.

I hope that you will want to take your interest in having a track on the cover CD for Fireworks #79 forward. I noted that Bruce has provided details of prices for track inclusion to you.

I think it highly probable that Dave Scott will forward your album for review to one of the writers.

You really are besotted with BJH. When did you first see them live?

Best regards,

Paul

Johns Band

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Ten - Battlefield 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Karma: 2
HI PAUL & EVERYONE

YEAH, BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST WAS/ARE REGARDED AS A BAND FOR THE MATURE AUDIENCE AND THEY ARE ON "THE BEST FOLK ALBUM IN THE WORLD EVER" DOUBLE CD. IN EIGHTIES I HAD BJH RECORDS THEN JOINED FAN CLUB. AFTERWARDS CAME LAST MASSIVE SELLING STUDIO ALBUM "WELCOME TO THE SHOW" RELEASED 5/3/1990. MY FIRST CONCERT IN 1992 - 25TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WITH LAST MASSIVE SELLING ALBUM "THE BEST OF BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST" ON POLYDOR. THE FAN CLUB PUT UP CLOSED SIGN IN MARCH 2003, BUT I STILL CARRIED ON WITH MY SUPPORT.

"WE ARE ROCKING ALL THE WAY WITH YOU" BY JOHN'S BAND [INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM]

I'M NOT SURE IF YOU MEANT MY INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM AT BANDCAMP WOULD HAVE REVIEW IN FIREWORKS AND A TRACK ON COVER DISC - IF SO THEN I WOULD BE VERY PLEASED FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AND HOPEFULLY IT WOULD SPREAD OUT TO REACH PEOPLE.
I PUT THIS ALBUM OUT FOR PEOPLE TO USE FOREVER. TO KEEP HAS THEIR OWN. FOR PEOPLE READING THIS I HOPE YOU PURCHASE THIS INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM AND USE FOR ALL KINDS OF FUNCTIONS, PERSONAL USE, HOLIDAYS, PARTIES, WEDDING RECEPTIONS, ROCK PARTIES, DINNER PARTIES, PARLOUR WITH CLOSE FREIND, BIT OF A DO, ETCH. YOU WILL FIND 30 INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS PLUS BONUS MP4 MUSIC AND PHOTOS IN DOWNLOAD. YOU CAN CHANGE LIST AND DOWNLOAD WAV FILES AND MP3 FILES & OTHER FILES OVER AND OVER AGAIN. IF YOU BUY ONE INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM OR MORE THEN ONE THIS IS ONE TO PURCHASE. ALBUM AT johns-band.bandcamp.com

BEST TO EVERYONE
JOHN'S BAND

Last Edit: 2017/03/08 18:06 By Johns Band.
Johns Band

Groupie
graphgraph
Re:Ten - Battlefield 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Karma: 2
Might have gone off from main theme but it seem to me "guide to using Rocktopia" was locked.
I have received Ten "Battlefield" it is mega album to have and it be used a lot. Have to copy onto itunes.
I am waiting now for Ten to update there shop on Website for albums to buy. I have still to look through Ten Facebook, I have lots CD's to play and books to read. I hope to buy if available Ten - DVD.

Best To Everyone
John's Band

Berny

These go to 11 ...
Rock God
graph
Gender: Male Transistor Limited Location: Austria - Great Britain Birthday: 04/01
Re:Ten - Battlefield 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Karma: 19
Johns Band wrote:
[quote]Might have gone off from main theme but it seem to me "guide to using Rocktopia" was locked./quote]

Many thanks for your reply! Re the "Guide To Using The Rocktopia Forum":

Well spotted! The small 'lock' icon may look confusing. It only means that replies are disabled for a particular thread. Here's the direct link ...

www.rocktopia.co.uk/index.php?option=com...catid=30&id=1659

This statement may be superfluous, but I'd like to emphasise the fact that we are an open community and - needless to say - won't censor free speech. So please post whatever, wherever you want (as long as you follow our really basic and sensible 'rules of the house').

Many thanks!

B.

Last Edit: 2017/03/08 21:55 By Berny.Reason: Typo ;)
Rocktopia - The only melodic rock site that goes to 11!
Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop